Do you want to save energy at home? In this post, we share 9 tips for saving energy at home that you can implement easily.
- Save electricity by turning off unused lamps, unplugging chargers when not in use, and turning off appliances instead of
- having them in standby mode.
- Replace old lamps with LEDs and low-energy lamps.
- Lower the heat and put on some more clothes instead. Lowering one degree can reduce energy use by as much as five percent.
- Wash at 30 or 40 degrees instead of 60 degrees – then halve your energy consumption.
- Save on the hot water, for example by using flushing tap nozzles in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Use a kettle to boil water. It saves energy – and goes fast!
- With a flushing shower nozzle, you save on hot water. How often and how long you shower also affects energy use. Take the habit of turning off the water when you soap yourself, for example!
- Did you know that you save energy by washing in a dishwasher instead of washing by hand? But remember to run full machines!
- Seal around windows and doors with new sealing strips to keep the heat inside and reduce energy consumption.
More tips for saving electricity
Want to do more? Here are tips on major measures that save electricity:
- Add insulation and change to more modern windows in your home.
- Do you have old appliances? Replace these with new ones and choose the best energy class!
- Replace fossil heat and electricity with renewable energy, such as geothermal heat, solar, wind or hydropower.
- Start producing your own renewable energy through your own solar cells and wind turbines – or become co-owners of solar and wind turbines.