One of the significant reasons for snoring is the blocked nose. Occasionally, people gasp, snore or whistle when they have a cold as it stuffs up the airways. However, snoring due to cold is temporary and goes away when the infection clears up. But for some individuals, snoring is a permanent problem.
Those who snore frequently can be in trouble as no one would love to share a room with them. Moreover, snoring doesn’t let a person have quality sleep, and in some cases, it can cause breathing issues which can get serious if you don’t get the right and timely treatment. A snoring machine is available as a potential solution to this problem.
Snoring is common in men, and if you think you snore regularly or snoring affects breathing, you must see a medical advisor immediately to find out the root cause.
Why Does Snoring Occur?
Snoring is the sound that occurs when a part of your respiratory system vibrates when you breathe during deep sleep. These vibrations can happen if your airways are narrower than usual or some blockage in your airways. Your uvula or soft palate slightly shakes when air passes, producing a snoring sound. This sound can vary from a soft snuffle to a rasping snore. However, many snoring treatments are available, but before that, you must find out the root cause of the problem to find the ideal treatment for you.
What Are The Causes Of Snoring?
There are several reasons for snoring in men. It can be due to the shape and size of the neck muscles and tissues. In some other cases, excess relaxing of the tissue or narrowing of the airway can result in snoring. Some of the other reasons for snoring in men include:
- Alcohol consumption
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Deviated septum or nasal polyps
- A jaw that is small or set-back
- Large tonsils, tongue, or soft palate
- Use of sedative medications
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, medical conditions can make you snore at night. These may include:
- Enlarged adenoid glands or tonsils are one of the reasons for snoring in adults.
- A deviated septum can make you snore.
- Structural problems with the nose can cause snoring.
- Nasal growths or polyps can also limit the airflow through the nose.
- Asthma or allergies can narrow down your airways, resulting in snoring. People with hayfever may notice that they snore only at certain times, such as during the pollen season.
- Sleep apnea happens when the airway relaxes so much that it gets blocked. It can cause an interruption in breathing when you are sleeping.
There could be several reasons why snoring can happen. Sometimes, it can signify that you might be suffering from a serious issue. Therefore, you must get yourself checked if you find difficulty breathing during sleeping. Though nasal clips are one of the best solutions to treat snoring, still, you must get yourself checked before opting for any such snoring machine to treat snoring.
Leave a Reply